viernes, 5 de abril de 2013

Task 4 -What Experience Do You Have Of Learning A Second Or Foreign Language? How Would You Characterize The Teacher’s Teaching Method? How Effective Did You Find It?

First I want to clear that learning a new language is not recieved by all the people in the same way. Some of us learn better when we are taught trough some especific method or approach, others get it more whe are taucht by other methods and finally there are some of us who just can't learn trough any method.

I have been exposed to English for a little period of time, approximately for 5 years. But since I first started to study this foreign language I felt really atracted and I really liked it.

I have had many teachers, some have had a knowledge about methods and approaches of teaching but some others have not. My first English teacher was the best teacher
 I could ever have. You may be asking: Why was he such a great teacher? Because he was not boring at all and he always knew how to catch our attention. In fact, he was one of my inspirations to become an English teacher.

On the other hand, in the university I had the least prepared teacher I have ever seen. Even though he prepared the classes, he didn´t know how to use the tools and therefore all the students got lost and didn´t understend a thing.

They both used mostly the CCL and Direct method but for one of them they worked and for the other it didn't. But it just depends in how you apply it and how the teacher has created the rapport in the classroom.

I think teaching is not something innate, I think it is something you learn trough the years and according how much you like it. Sadly, some persons take it just like a job wich is not. IT IS MORE THAN A JOB.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario